Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yankee Doodle Macaroni / Parsley

I love this recipe for Yankee Doodle Macaroni - a true comfort food! Simmering for a long time helps make the flavor rich.  I double the pepper and always sprinkle parmasean on top.  See the recipe HERE.  It will use your mushrooms and parsley from this week's bag.    

The other thing I usually make with parsley is Roasted Cajun Potatoes which I posted awhile back.  It works best with red potatoes, but you could do with with Russet as well. 

Megan told me how to dry your extra parsley (thanks, Megan!).  Remove as much stem as possible and then spread the parsley leaves out on a cookie sheet.  Put in oven set to 170 degrees and bake until dry (don't overbake - parsley will continue to dry after removed from oven). This should take at least 30 minutes - 1 hour or more.  Store in a dry jar.  I always use dried parsley for this Vegetable Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment