Monday, December 10, 2012

Roasted Cajun Potatoes

These go great with grilled meat or chicken.  They are like french fries - we eat them with katsup - but I think they are way better and probably better for you.  If I want my kids to eat them, I leave out the cayenne because the black pepper alone gives it enough kick for them. Also, I have always included the parsley when baking, but I just realized here it says to add it afterwards. 

2 1/2 lbs medium red potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
minced onion flakes (about 1-2 tablespoons)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon salt (sea salt works great)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (a lot less for us spice wimps)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (or 1-2 tsp dried parsley)

1. Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges. In a large bowl, combine the oil, onions, garlic, salt, paprika, cayenne and pepper; add potatoes and toss to coat. Place in greased roasting pan.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning every 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment