Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sweet Potato Hash with Carmelized Onions, Sausage & Eggs

Wow, this was definitely my best meal last week!  I have wanted to try this for a long time, and it did not disappoint. Takes some prep, but the finished product is beautiful and so flavorful.  


We started the meal with a spinach salad, topped with unsalted sesame seeds, pomogranate seeds, avacado slices, goat cheese, apple pieces, and this dressing. Below are the ingredients for the hash - find the full recipe HERE.  By the way, I didn't add in my onions and sausage until halfway through the oven time because I did not want them completely black, though a little blackened was good.  Also, I didn't make this ahead so we added the eggs in just at the end of cooking. Find the full recipe for Sweet Potato Hash with Carmelized Onions, Sausage & Eggs here



2 pounds onions, about 2 large (I used sweet onions)

1 T unsalted butter
Table salt
1 pound fresh Italian sausage or chorizo (we used mild Italian sausage) 
3 pounds sweet potatoes, about 3 large potatoes
6 large garlic cloves
4 long stalks rosemary, about 1/4 cup of leaves (I just used dried rosemary)
3 T olive oil
1 T kosher salt (I only used 1 teaspoon and thought it was plenty)
Freshly ground black pepper
Eggs
Parmesan cheese (we didn't use this)

No comments:

Post a Comment